Georgiahas recently launched a new incentive, which offers 20-25% cash rebate ofqualifying film production expenditure in Georgia.
Theprogram offers 20% of reimbursement of the minimum 300,000 GEL spent for Short,Documentary, Reality Show, TV commercial, and music Videos.
ForFeature-length films reimbursement of 20% is minimum 500,000 Gel. In addition2-5% can be applied if the final product includes promotional elements ofGeorgia and meets the so-called “Cultural test”.
- Open for legal entitiesregistered in Georgia
- Open to applications forfeature film, TV film, TV series or mini-series (pilot episodes are eligible),animation, documentary films, commercial, reality show, music video.
- At least 50% of the totalproduction budget should be in place upon application
- Rebateable expenses must bedirectly related to the filmmaking process.
- Production in Georgia must becompleted within 24 months after acceptance to the rebate program.